Tuesday, March 24, 2009

FAQ 3 - So many gems in one passage

FAQ 3 - There are so many gems in the passage I am reading. I am really confused which verse I should focus on for my journal.

Answer: I find many people very tensed up about this because they are coming from a Bible Study approach. You must remember this is not a Bible Study. My advice is, park the other gems somewhere for your own personal Bible Study. Just pick one thought (could be one verse or a few verses) for your journalling. Focus on what God is saying to you rather than what you are trying to "milk" out of the passage cognitively. Let it engage your heart more than your mind. If you are still confused, quieten your heart and pray, asking the Holy Spirit to guide you. Remember, God knows the needs of your heart at every moment of your life. He will guide you into all truth (John 16:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment