Sunday, June 14, 2009

My apology for the silence

Sorry about the long silence. Will be back on very soon with my thoughts on journalling. Not that I was not reading my bible and journalling, which thankfully I have been consistent so far. Was on a week-long break after the 13th Malaysia Cell Church Conference. Being the conference chairman, I ran on "adrenalin mode" leading up to, and during the conference, and usually a day after that, my body will start to wind down and often reacting to the lack of that adrenaline rush. They call it post-conference "depression" :)

Had a great conference with many delegates blessed! As many as 200 non-DUMC delegates have signed up for the 14th MCCC, taking advantage of the Early Bird Conference Special Fees of RM 150, or RM 130 for 5 or more people (Normal fee RM 220). I think two things are notable here:

1. They had such a spiritual experience last week that they are spiritually and mentally prepared for what God has to offer next year. I know of pastors and leaders who have signed up for their members en bloc and they do not want their them to miss out.
2. Everyone loves a good discount!

This personal note to Pr Daniel from Pr Ken Harris of the Clayton Church of Christ Fellowship (CCOCF) in Melbourne sums up the delegates' experience:

I praise God that DUMC under your leadership makes the time to invest in equipping and strengthening God’s leaders for service.

We stayed at a 5 star hotel, but attended a 6 star Conference. We were blessed two fold, first by the conference and secondly by your people.

Pass on my sincere thanks to all your people.

He came with his wife Jeanette. Incidentally, CCOCF was the church I attended when I was a student in Monash University from 1979 - 1985. That's a long time ago. Here's a photo of me and Stella having a great lunch fellowship with them at Marmalade in Bangsar Village (one of our favourite restaurants. You must try their Havana Salad!)

Pr Ken Harris and Jeanette

I was personally very refreshed by Pr Chris Hodges (Church of the Highlands) and I had some time to chat with him. One of the ways I seized these moments is to offer to take the speaker out for a meal, or be their driver from KLIA. These moments have always been great because you get to hear what's behind the scene in their lives and church, and from their hearts as well. It was so interesting and refreshing to interact with his son Jonathan. He is such a polite boy. I though he was only polite to me with his "Yes, sir" or "Yes, Ma'am" to my wife, he did exactly the same to his dad. Quite refreshing to see their father-son interactions.


No comments:

Post a Comment