Friday, June 11, 2010

A song as I journal

Today's reading is a reminder of our fundamental doctrine of faith and it got me into singing a song :)


1 Cor 15:1-7
 1Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
 3For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. 6After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.


Apostle Paul said this is of first importance .. meaning, high on the list! Three simple words that encapsulate the Christian faith: DIED - BURIED - RAISED.


And as I meditated on this passage, I started singing this old song:
Living He Loved me
Dying He saved me
Buried He carried
My sins far away
Rising He justified
Freely forever
One day He’s coming back
O glorious Day

Casting Crown did a wonderful modern version of this song with this part in the chorus.
Here's the song in YouTube.

Here's a jazz version - Coooooool ...... YouTube

May we reminded how precious we are to Him!




No comments:

Post a Comment